Yogic exercises are the things that have received support from ancient culture of southern Asia. The Yogic postures are believed to cure many critical health problems. Practicing yogic postures every morning or evening brings mental peace and satisfaction too. Though practice of yoga belongs to ancient Indian culture, one can rely on these practices today also. The hectic schedule of life has changed the basic life style and made it complicated. And this hectic life style is the very cause of all illness adding further complications to medical science.
Practicing Yoga needs much process to be followed. One needs to be careful about all those yogic requirements to practice this ancient art in a right manner.
Doing Yoga in a proper style:
Practicing yoga requires certain things to be strictly followed. One needs a clean room, a ventilated place, a lighted room and the assistance of a Guru (teacher) to practice yoga. With these entire facilities one must assure that there is a suitable thing on which yoga can be practiced. In ancient India, the practitioners of Yogic science used to have Kusha mat or deer skin which were believed to attract positive energy from the cosmos. But in course of time, the material used in ancient times is not available now. One can rely on other materials available in the market to practice perfect yoga.And this hectic life style is the very cause of all illness adding further complications to medical science.
The materials perfect for yoga are now available in the market. One can avail the yoga mat to perfectly design one’s yoga session. Various materials are available for this yoga mat. One can avail these mats in Cloth, in PVC, in rubber, in microfiber and in other materials too. The most suitable material that will project all positive energy is cloth and rubber. The Yoga mats made up of clothes are washable and one can clean those whenever possible. There also come many printed mats in clothes. The prints can come in soothing colors which will be further helpful to soothe the mind and body.
Mostly the gymnasium mat available in the market are free of harmful substances and are environment friendly. One can rely on these materials for a healthful yoga practice. Though it is never possible to go back to the time where deer skin and tiger skin were being used for practice.
Women are more prone than men to gaining weight in their lower body. A woman’s thighs, hips and lower stomach are all key areas where fat is stored. If you feel your legs are too big and carry excess weight, whether you’re a man or woman, you should understand that losing weight from your legs requires a full-body approach. You cannot pick and choose what part of your body you want to lose fat from. Your leg size can naturally be reduced by making changes to your diet and exercise regimen.
- Change your eating habits by reducing your caloric intake by 500 to 1,000 calories daily. One pound of fat has 3,500 calories so you will lose 1 to 2 lbs. in a week. Skip fried foods, sugar and refined carbohydrates because they throw off your blood sugar levels so your appetite increases and fat metabolism slows down. Get carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables. Prepare lean protein instead of fatty protein and avoid saturated and trans fats found in cookies, cakes and fast food.
- Replace your large breakfast, lunch and dinner with six smaller meals spread out over the day. Feed yourself consistent nutrients so your metabolism stays active and you don’t feel deprived.
- Exercise three days a week, for 45 minutes per day to burn fat. Move your lower body by swimming, running or biking — and aside from caloric burn, you will also experience light toning of your legs. Add intervals where you speed up for several minutes to high intensity. Intervals increase caloric burn more so than steady cardio does, so you get fast results.
- Accelerate your resting metabolic rate by following an whole-body strength training routine. Increase muscle tissue so you burn fat all day and night instead of on the spot, as cardiovascular exercise does. Use your own body weight, free weights or weightlifting machines to train arms, stomach, shoulders, chest, back and legs for all-over fat burn.
- Tone legs because muscle takes up less space than fat so your legs will appear slimmer. Perform lunges while holding dumbbells in your hands for added resistance. Step forward with your right leg. Come up on the toes of the left leg. Hold the dumbbells in your hands with your palms facing your body. Shift your weight so it is mostly resting on your right leg. Bend both knees to lower your upper body straight down to a few inches from the floor. Push yourself back up to the start position and exhale on the exertion.
- Include squats in your leg workout. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Point your toes straight ahead. Lower your body by bending your knees so that your upper legs are no more than a 90 degree angle to your lower legs — imagine sitting down in a chair. Avoid the knees from going over the feet. Push through your heels to come up to the start position and exhale.
- Brew green tea and drink three to five cups per day. Substances in green tea called catechins speed up your metabolism, according to Colon Health.